You can reserve a study spot in advance via our online reservation system. Study spots are only available for HU students.
The HU Library location Utrecht has 150 quiet study spots, of which 43 have desktop computers. Project rooms are not available.
The HU Library location Amersfoort has 19 study spots. Apart from the library, location Domstad has 71 quiet study spots. Access without a reservation is not permitted.
- Determine your own starting and finishing time.
- You can reserve in advance with a maximum of 28 days
- You can place a maximum of 2 reservations.
- Stay at home if you have a cold.
- Wear a face mask when walking around.
- Keep your distance of at least 1.5 meter
- Follow the instructions of the library staff.
- There are a limited number of study spots. It’s not possible to place a reservation when fully booked
- Cancel your reservation when your plans change.
- Allowed entrance to the library is checked at the library desk.
How to reserve a study spot
Go to werkplek.hu.nl and log in with your HU account/via SURFconext. Select a free study spot (green) or place a reservation in advance.
You can only reserve a study spot if you have a working @firstname.lastname@example.org email account.
There is a maximum of 3 reservations in advance.
You find an overview of your current reservations via ‘My reservations’ and top right on your smartphone.
Click “My reservations”. Here you can cancel your reservation.
It’s not possible to change your reservation. Please cancel your reservation and place a new one.
Click the calendar icon via ‘Home’ and change the date and time.
Study spots maybe be reserved or not made available due to Covid measures.
These are not available due to Covid measures.
Go to this button, and select “pc”.
Yes, a maximum of 3 reservations.
Study spots can be reserved with a maximum of 28 days in advance.
Click “HUB Utrecht”/”HUB Amersfoort” to select the other library location.
First check your HU email. The automatic email forwarding to your private e-mail address might be disabled.
Check your spam folder.
You also see the confirmation via “My reservations”.
Some email programs convert the link in an unexpected way. In this case, copy the exact link from the email and paste it into your browser.
You also see the confirmation via “My reservations” at werkplek.hu.nl
When entering the library, please show your confirmation via a smart device. You may also print the confirmation.
In the system I see that a study spot has been reserved, but in the library the spot is available. How is this possible?
When students do not make use of a reservation, we call this a no show. This may be for a number of reasons:
- The student has not yet arrived .
- The student stepped out momentarily
- The student is not making use of the reservation but has not cancelled.
No, the student might come in later or another reservation might have been placed on this study spot.
No, you must sit at the spot you have reserved. In this case, please cancel your reservation and place a new one on a study spot without a desktop computer.
We want to make sure that you are entitled to a study spot.
You can also use the manual.